If on-street parking is unavailable, at least three nearby parking garages, they are listed below:
- Icon Parking, 20 West 64th St. (enter 63rd or 64th Sts., between Broadway & Central Park West), 212.724.6282, discount coupon
- Enterprise Parking Systems, West 61st between Broadway and Central Park West, 212.299.1094
- Central Parking Systems, 22-24 West 60th St., entrances on 58th and 60th Sts., 212.823.6199
BY SUBWAY OR TRAIN
The Eighth Avenue (A and C trains), the Sixth Avenue (B and D trains), and Broadway (1 train) lines stop throughout the day at Columbus Circle, a half-block south of the New York City campus entrance. They stop at Pennsylvania Station for those traveling into Manhattan via the Long Island Rail Road, Amtrak, or New Jersey Transit. For those arriving at Grand Central Station via Metro North Railroad, take the 7 train or the S train (Grand Central-Times Square shuttle) to Times Square-42nd Street and transfer to an A,B,C,D, or 1 uptown train. Visit the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) website for detailed maps, fares, and other information.
The 57th Street and 66th Street cross-town buses stop at Broadway. The New York City campus entrance is three blocks north of 57th Street and five blocks south of 66th Street. The Broadway bus stops at the corner of Broadway and 60th Street. Visit the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) website for detailed maps, fares, and other information.
FROM LOCAL AIRPORTS TO NYIT’S NEW YORK CITY CAMPUS
- JFK International Airport (JFK), take the Van Wyck Expressway (I-678) north to the Long Island Expressway (I-495) west. Take the Long Island Expressway to the Queens Midtown Tunnel into Manhattan and follow signs uptown. For maps, directions, and information about public transportation, including the AirTrain, visit the JFK airport Web site. Students traveling from abroad should be advised of specific information that pertains to them.
- From LaGuardia Airport (LGA), take the Grand Central Parkway west to the Triborough Bridge into Manhattan. Take the FDR Drive south to the 59th Street exit and travel west on 59th Street. For detailed maps, directions, and information about public transportation, visit the LaGuardia Airport Web site.
- From Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), take Route 1-78 east toward the New Jersey Turnpike. Take 1-95 North exit toward Exits 15E-18E/Lincoln Tunnel. Take Exit 16 onto Route 495 eastbound through the Lincoln Tunnel. Follow signs uptown. For detailed maps, directions, and information about public transportation, including the AirTrain, visit the Newark Liberty airport Web site.
- Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park
1717 Broadway, New York, NY 10019• (212) 324-3774
- West House Hotel New York 201 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019• (212) 707-4888